Welcome to SubtiWiki! - Bacillus subtilis annotation the "wiki" way!
- PTS 50 - The PTS celebrates 50 years of transport and regulation, organized by Josef Deutscher, Milton Saier and Jörg Stülke will take place from September 07 to 08 in Göttingen, Germany. website, Registration form, contact
- The 1st International Conference on Post-Translational Modifications in Bacteria, organized by Ivan Mijakovic, Christophe Grangeasse, Alan Kent Nielsen and Jörg Stülke will take place from September 09 to 10 in Göttingen, Germany. website, Registration form, contact
- Past conferences
New: Subtiwiki is now on Facebook - please give it a +1!
Now online: A new description of SubtiWiki and its acompanying modules in the 2014 Database issue of Nucleic Acids Research
Paper of the month: July 2014
- T-boxes are regulatory mRNA elements which sense amino acid availability and control the expression of genes encoding aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and biosynthetic enzymes. Sensing is thought to occur by the interaction of the uncharged tRNA with the T-box thus preventing the formation of a transcription terminator. It has however, not been known whether this regulation involves proteins. Now, Zhang and Ferre-D'Amare show that the B. subtilis glyQ-glyS T-box functions independently of any tRNA-binding protein. They demonstrate that the T-box detects the molecular volume of tRNA 3'-substituents..
New procedure for account creation:
- Due to massive spam attacks, we had to change our policy for the creation of accounts. If you want to create an account, just send me a mail. We will create the account for you as quickly as possible, then you can change your password. This does not affect existing accounts, which remain active.
- Please remember that all members of the Bacillus community are invited to create accounts and to contribute to SubtiWiki!
News in SubtiWiki:
- April 2013: SubtiWiki uses a new, faster Mediawiki platform! The times for page access are significantly reduced. Enjoy!
- March 2013: updated Excel files that map all genes to categories and regulons as well as the general updated identity mapping of all genes were uploaded.
- October 2012: the essential genes have been categorized
- September 2012: 300 mutant strains available at the BGSC were added to the corresponding gene pages
- August 2012: SubtiExpress, the new compagnon of SubtiWiki devoted to gene expression is online! Try it out!
- April 2012: Links for expression data under 104 different conditions (based on Nicolas et al., 2012) have been added to the expression section of the individual gene pages
- April 2011: SubtInteract, a presentation of protein-protein interactions in B. subtilis, is online!
- December 2010: SubtiCellPublisher allows the conversion of CellDesigner diagrams to navigatable presentations in the style of SubtiPathways
|Genes (examples)||Additional pages|
|ptkA||list of plasmids|
|mreC||labs working on Bacillus|
|ccpA||the people behind SubtiWiki|
Publications describing SubtiWiki and SubtiPathways: