Welcome to SubtiWiki! - Bacillus subtilis annotation the "wiki" way!
- The BACELL meeting 2015, organized by Leendert Hamoen will take place from April 14 to 15 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Website, Contact
- The International Conference on Metabolic Engineering, organized by Ivan Mijakovic and Leendert Hamoen will take place from April 16 to 17 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Website, Contact
- The 8th International Conference on Gram-positive Microorganisms (18th International Conference on Bacilli) in Montecatini Terme, organized by Marta Perego, Jim Hoch, and Hendrik Szurmant will take place from June 21 to 25. Conference website
- Past conferences
New: Subtiwiki is now on Facebook - please give it a +1!
Now online: A new description of SubtiWiki and its acompanying modules in the 2014 Database issue of Nucleic Acids Research
Paper of the month: January 2015
- Proteases are crucial for the maintenance of protein integrity, but also for controlling the cellular levels of specific proteins. For the LonA protease, it has so far been unknown how the protease can specifically target a selected protein as degradation target. Now, Mukherjee et al. form the lab of Daniel Kearns have studied the degradation of SwrA, a master regulator of flagellar biosynthesis by LonA. They found that the adaptor protein SmiA is required for the productive degradation of SwrA by LonA. This regulatory mechanism is important to prevent hyperflagellation in liquid media.
- Relevant SubtiWiki pages: LonA, SwrA, SmiA, proteolysis, Daniel Kearns
New procedure for account creation:
- Due to massive spam attacks, we had to change our policy for the creation of accounts. If you want to create an account, just send me a mail. We will create the account for you as quickly as possible, then you can change your password. This does not affect existing accounts, which remain active.
- Please remember that all members of the Bacillus community are invited to create accounts and to contribute to SubtiWiki!
News in SubtiWiki:
- August 2014: The first mobile application for SubtiWiki is now available for users of Android phones: Go for SubtiWiki in Google Play! IPhone users, please be patient! You will be served next! Click here to install!
- April 2013: SubtiWiki uses a new, faster Mediawiki platform! The times for page access are significantly reduced. Enjoy!
- March 2013: updated Excel files that map all genes to categories and regulons as well as the general updated identity mapping of all genes were uploaded.
- October 2012: the essential genes have been categorized
- September 2012: 300 mutant strains available at the BGSC were added to the corresponding gene pages
- August 2012: SubtiExpress, the new compagnon of SubtiWiki devoted to gene expression is online! Try it out!
- April 2012: Links for expression data under 104 different conditions (based on Nicolas et al., 2012) have been added to the expression section of the individual gene pages
- April 2011: SubtInteract, a presentation of protein-protein interactions in B. subtilis, is online!
- December 2010: SubtiCellPublisher allows the conversion of CellDesigner diagrams to navigatable presentations in the style of SubtiPathways
|Genes (examples)||Additional pages|
|ptkA||list of plasmids|
|mreC||labs working on Bacillus|
|ccpA||the people behind SubtiWiki|
Publications describing SubtiWiki and SubtiPathways: