Welcome to SubtiWiki! - Bacillus subtilis annotation the "wiki" way!
Important note: SubtiWiki will not be available from Thursday (November 14) to Monday (November 18) due to server maintenance!
- The 6th European Spores Conference will be held in London from April 9 to April 11, 2014. The meeting will be organized by Simon Cutting and Imrich Barak, website, contact
- The next European BACELL meeting will take place in Bratislava from April 29 to April 30, 2014. The meeting will be organized by Imrich Barak, website, contact
- Past conferences
New: Subtiwiki is now on Facebook - please give it a +1!
Now online: A new description of SubtiWiki and its acompanying modules in the 2014 Database issue of Nucleic Acids Research
Paper of the month: December 2013
- Intercellular signaling requires the transfer of information between two different cells. Now, Mastny et al. from the labs of David Rudner and Tim Clausen show how the protease CtpB is activated by substrate binding to cleave off the inhibitory domain of SpoIVFA to allow ultimately allow processing of pro-SigK by SpoIVFB.
- Relevant SubtiWiki pages: David Rudner, sporulation, CtpB, SpoIVB, SpoIVFA, SpoIVFB
New procedure for account creation:
- Due to massive spam attacks, we had to change our policy for the creation of accounts. If you want to create an account, just send me a mail. We will create the account for you as quickly as possible, then you can change your password. This does not affect existing accounts, which remain active.
- Please remember that all members of the Bacillus community are invited to create accounts and to contribute to SubtiWiki!
News in SubtiWiki:
- April 2013: SubtiWiki uses a new, faster Mediawiki platform! The times for page access are significantly reduced. Enjoy!
- March 2013: updated Excel files that map all genes to categories and regulons as well as the general updated identity mapping of all genes were uploaded.
- October 2012: the essential genes have been categorized
- September 2012: 300 mutant strains available at the BGSC were added to the corresponding gene pages
- August 2012: SubtiExpress, the new compagnon of SubtiWiki devoted to gene expression is online! Try it out!
- April 2012: Links for expression data under 104 different conditions (based on Nicolas et al., 2012) have been added to the expression section of the individual gene pages
- April 2011: SubtInteract, a presentation of protein-protein interactions in B. subtilis, is online!
- December 2010: SubtiCellPublisher allows the conversion of CellDesigner diagrams to navigatable presentations in the style of SubtiPathways
|Genes (examples)||Additional pages|
|ptkA||list of plasmids|
|mreC||labs working on Bacillus|
|ccpA||the people behind SubtiWiki|
Publications describing SubtiWiki and SubtiPathways: